Arthritis affects 52.5 million US adults, more than 1 of 5. It is a leading cause of disability in the United States and one of the most common chronic conditions in the nation. Arthritis is a common cause of chronic pain.
By enrolling in our Arthritis Management program, EnhanceFitness™, we will help focus on improving your health and well-being, including enhanced balance and flexibility, leading to stronger, healthier, more confident YOU!
EnhanceFitness™ focuses on dynamic cardiovascular exercise, strength training, balance, and flexibility—everything older adults need to maintain health and function as they age.
In a typical class participants will experience:
- A 5-minute warm-up to get the blood flowing to the muscles
- A 20-minute aerobics workout that gets participants moving, or a walking workout to lively music that the class chooses
- A 5-minute cool-down
- A 20- minute strength training routine to help maintain and build muscle strength
- A 10-minute stretching workout to keep the muscles flexible
- Balance exercises throughout the class
This 16- week program is held 3 days a week for one hour and will measure your fitness by measuring your balance and strength at the beginning and end of the program. We strongly encourage you to commit to participate in as many classes as possible during the 16-weeks and see the difference for yourself!
This program is offered at the Deland Family YMCA, Port Orange Family YMCA, Southeast Volusia YMCA, Four Townes Family YMCA, and Ormond Beach Family YMCA.
Please contact Matt O’Malia, Healthy Living Director at 386-425-5210 or email@example.com, for more information or to speak about enrollment into the program in your area.