On April 21, the Y will celebrate Healthy Kids Day, our national initiative to improve the health and well-being of kids.
This event is FREE and open to all! You do not have to be a Y Member to attend!
April 21, 2018, at Radiology Stadium at Jackie Robinson Ballpark home of the Daytona Tortugas!
As spring turns to summer, Healthy Kids Day is a powerful reminder not to let children idle away their summer days. Instead, we want to focus on charging them up with enthusiasm for themselves…their potential…making this their best summer ever…by keeping kids active and learning.
We know that kids gain weight faster during the summer months than during the school year. We also know that summer learning loss—a challenge for all children— is more pronounced among students from low-income neighborhoods. A child’s development is never on vacation and Healthy Kids Day is a great opportunity to educate families and motivate kids to stay active in spirit, mind and body throughout the summer.
Check out some of the FUN we are going to have at Healthy Kids Day!
- Jump around with Shelldon in his bounce house
- #VolusiaCountyRocks Painting Party
- Take part in our family scavenger hunt
- Get your face painted with Hannie the Clown
- Enjoy a family photo in our Y Family #selfie booth
- Family & Kids’ Dance Party with DJ Big Tom
- Join the Tiny Tugas
- Healthy Snack Making with UF/IFAS Extension Family Nutrition Program
- Meet Dr. Jayme Frear with New Journey Chiropractic
- Family obstacle course
- Learn from our United Way of Volusia Flagler with Help Me Grow
- Have a Schamcny Pop!
- Have Fun, Learn how to make Healthy Choices, Vendors and tons of FUN for the entire family!
HEALTHY KIDS, MAKE SURE TO GET YOUR SWAG BAG!
Make sure to visit the registration table to receive your Healthy Kids Day Passport & Healthy Kids Day swag bag! Once you’ve completed your passport return to registration to be entered for YMCA prizes!
JOIN US ON HEALTHY KIDS DAY FOR YOUR CHANCE TO WIN
A FREE one-year family membership to the Volusia Flagler Family YMCA! Other prizes include Child’s Bicycle courtesy of The Hub Cycling, FREE Swim Lessons, Sports Registrations & more!