VOLUSIA FLAGLER FAMILY YMCA, INFORMATION ABOUT CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) AND THE MEASURES TAKEN
As part of our Y family, your safety and well-being is our top priority. And as a family, we all play an important role when it comes to maintaining a healthy environment and preventing the spread of germs. Below are some helpful tips provided by the CDC and information on what we’re doing to continue to keep the YMCA a safe place for all.
How You Can Help
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends these actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases such as the Coronavirus (COVID-19):
Wash Your Hands
Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
Cover Your Cough
Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue then throw the tissue in the trash.
Clean and Disinfect Regularly
Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
Don’t Touch Your Face
Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
Avoiding Contact with Sick People
Avoid close contact with people who are sick. If you feel symptomatic, stay home when you are sick (if possible).
What We’re Doing at the Y
- Our branches undergo an extensive cleaning process daily and nightly, with continued cleaning throughout the day.
- The surfaces our members come into contact with such as exercise equipment, weights, mats, step equipment, bathroom facilities, coffee / community areas, and lobbies are cleaned thoroughly with strong disinfectants.
- In compliance with the related procedures, our team observe members while welcoming them in and throughout the visit. The members showing symptoms of the virus will be addressed.
PRIMARY SOURCES OF UPDATES AND INFORMATION
- The Center For Disease Control (CDC)
- Volusia County Health Department
We will continue to follow guidance from and adhere to regulations from the Center for Disease Control (CDC) cdc.gov/coronavirus